Monday, September 27, 2010

Of theses, practicums and case studies...

This morning, I can’t help but feel a pang of jealousy as I saw a friend having her graduation picture (yearbook picture, as a matter of fact) as her Facebook profile’s primary photo. She’ll be graduating on time like most of my batch mates and sooo unlike me. tsk.tsk.tsk.

I tried hard to calm myself down. I kept reminding myself that I was ready for such things, supposedly at least. Instead, unwanted questions kept flooding my mind. Where did I go wrong? Was it the moment I chose to enter UP? Was it when I didn’t pursue Biology? Was it when I transferred to Diliman? Was it when I still tried for Education? Of course, these are questions with sensible answers that I refused to accept because I was so irrationally hurt. Only after I tore myself away from the computer did I truly calm down.

You see, I was “briefed” that college will take 4 years, just 4 years (in general) then viola! One will be prepared to search for employment. My college life had its own twists and turns. So far, I have been to 2 campuses and 3 courses and *gasp* it’s my fourth year. No one could blame me; I have every right to panic, get hurt and be jealous of my batch mates who’ll be graduating by the end of this school year. Graduating on time is a big deal.

*sigh*

I never thought I would be in this state. It’s not that miserable, I know, but it’s a little bit pitiful. It’s a pity I wasted a lot of time. It’s a pity I didn’t take some things seriously. It’s a pity I ended up like this. :|

*long sigh*

What I felt this morning made me strengthen my belief that there are good reasons working behind the scenes. Thank God I’m with a very supportive family – I guess what’s really important is that they’re still there for me, mistakes and all. Thank God I have met special people along those twists and turns – some of them are just around the corner giving me a push whenever I need one. Thank God I am still enjoying what most people can’t – studying and having a good education. Thank God I’m in this state – if not, I won’t realize how truly blessed I am, in ways I couldn’t imagine. :)


Para sa mga batch mates and friends kong graduating na:
Huwag sukuan ang mga theses, practicums, case studies at kung anupaman yan.
You’ve gone this far, congratulations!
I’m so proud of you.♥


Note to Self:
Sometimes, looking back on what you had motivates you to keep moving forward...there's a reason why you left. Keep going. :)


Keeping.The.Faith.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment